This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Convey this straightforward and flavorful smoked queso dip to your subsequent social gathering or recreation day! Add the cheeses chorizo, Rotel, cilantro, garlic, onion, and salsa verde all into the identical pan, then let the Traeger do the remaining. You’ll love the trace of smokiness that enhances the Mexican flavors on this dip.
There’s a motive why this smoked queso dip went viral! It’s the simplest dip recipe and is filled with taste! Dips are tremendous fast and straightforward to whip up and are at all times a crowd-pleaser. Subsequent time you want an appetizer, you must do this straightforward beer cheese dip, this creamy baked dip, or this well-liked Rotel dip.
What’s Smoked Queso Dip?
We LOVE Mexican meals at our home, so this smoked queso dip is a no brainer! We are able to’t resist this heat tacky dip stuffed with chorizo, tomatoes, salsa verde, cilantro, garlic, and onion. All the greatest Mexcian flavors are smoked collectively in a single scrumptious dip! Serve with chips then let’s get to dipping!
Mexican-inspired appetizers are all the fashion at events or gatherings. They appear to at all times be everybody’s favourite! I’ve a couple of extra appetizers in thoughts which can be certain to be successful. Convey this skillet queso, this cowboy caviar, or my irresistible Mexican road corn. They won’t disappoint!
Collect the Components
Velveeta cheese is a superb base for lots of yummy dips! It completely melts and has the creamiest texture for dipping. Add in all these scrumptious substances and it’s a match made in heaven. Probably the most unbelievable smoked queso dip for tailgating, events, or household get-togethers.
- Chorizo or Sausage: Cooked and crumbled.
- Velveeta Cheese: Provides the creamiest texture to the dip.
- Pepper Jack Cheese: A block of pepper jack lower into cubes.
- Rotel: The most effective mixture of diced tomatoes and inexperienced chilies.
- Pink Onion: Finely chopped and I really like that added coloration.
- Garlic: Contemporary minced garlic is at all times greatest.
- Jalapeno: That is non-compulsory however extremely prompt in the event you like spicy.
- Cilantro: Contemporary cilantro herbs brighten the flavors.
- Salsa Verde: The added inexperienced chili taste is my favourite on this dip.
- Milk: If it is advisable skinny the dip then add a splash of milk.
- Tortilla Chips: Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Smoked Queso Dip Recipe
The Traeger isn’t only for meat! This smoked queso dip recipe will convert you to make use of your Traeger for all of the dips. This cooking technique additionally provides the BEST smoked taste that’s subsequent degree! It doesn’t get any simpler than throwing all of it into the identical pan. The Traeger does all of the work, and clean-up is a breeze.
- Preheat the Smoker: Preheat the Traeger or smoker to 250 levels Fahrenheit.
- Cook dinner the Meat: Cook dinner the chorizo or sausage in a skillet over medium-high warmth till now not pink.
- Add the Components to an Aluminum Pan: Add the cooked meat, cheese, Rotel, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and salsa verde to a 13X9-inch disposable aluminum pan.
- Cook dinner, Stir, Then End Cooking: Cook dinner for 1 hour then stir the substances collectively as soon as the cheese melts. Proceed to smoke for an extra hour.
- Add Milk If Wanted: After 2 hours, stir nicely then add milk as wanted to skinny it out to your required consistency.
- Get pleasure from: Serve heat with tortilla chips and luxuriate in!
This smoked queso dip recipe is so adaptable! Make it your individual by swapping out the meat, utilizing completely different add-ins, or altering the strategy of cooking. I additionally like to make it spicer once I need the additional kick!
- Swap the Meat: Floor beef, rooster, or pork all work! Season with taco seasoning and prepare dinner earlier than including. Cooked rooster breast or carne asada would even be SO scrumptious.
- Add-In Choices: Add chopped bell peppers, use completely different onions, or add drained beans for a enjoyable texture.
- Use Totally different Cheese: Velveeta is a MUST, however be happy to modify out the pepper jack with Monterey Jack, cheddar, or Colby-Jack cheese. I like to recommend gentle cheese for this dip.
- Make it Further Spicy: When you love spicy add some cayenne pepper or some recent serrano to essentially kick up the spice degree!
- Different Cooking Strategies: When you don’t have a Traeger smoker, no drawback! This dip may be made in a BBQ grill, the oven, and even the crockpot! Observe the identical instructions for a grill and oven. Stir sometimes and watch it intently as a result of it could prepare dinner sooner. Cook dinner on low within the crockpot for two hours, stirring usually.
Storing Leftover Dip
When you’re fortunate sufficient to have leftover smoked queso dip then hear up! Since you’re going to need to save this dip for later. Observe my suggestions beneath so you may take pleasure in this dip one other time!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer leftover dip in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat within the microwave and warmth in 30-second increments then stir in between increments. It’s also possible to reheat this dip on the stovetop, however you could want so as to add a splash of milk to skinny it out.
Pin this now to search out it later
Preheat the smoker to 250 levels Fahrenheit.
Cook dinner the chorizo or sausage in a skillet over medium-high warmth till now not pink.
Add the cooked meat, cheese, Rotel, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and salsa verde to a 13X9-inch disposable aluminum pan.
Cook dinner for 1 hour then stir the substances collectively as soon as the cheese melts. Proceed to smoke for an extra hour.
After 2 hours, stir nicely and add milk as wanted to skinny it out to your required consistency.
Serve heat with tortilla chips and luxuriate in!
Serving: 0.25cupEnergy: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 28gFats: 28gSaturated Fats: 15gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 84mgSodium: 1176mgPotassium: 336mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1135IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 552mgIron: 2mg
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.