This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Savory Candy Potato Casserole is a scrumptious new strategy to take pleasure in this traditional Thanksgiving facet dish! Tender bite-sized items of candy potato are mixed with recent herbs and seasonings, sprinkled with a tacky crispy topping, and baked to perfection. This recipe is straightforward sufficient for weeknight dinners, but it’s excellent for the vacations, too!
I’m loving this new twist on the candy potato casserole! In the event you’re in search of different methods to take pleasure in this tasty vegetable, strive mashed candy potatoes, candy potato cobbler with marshmallows, and don’t miss out on this extra conventional candy potato casserole.
Savory Candy Potato Casserole
A flavorful Savory Candy Potato Casserole is the right strategy to change up the menu this vacation season! Whereas I really like the standard candy potato casserole made with brown sugar and a candy pecan crumble topping, this new savory model has my household’s tastebuds dancing with delight! This recipe begins with cubed candy potatoes which are coated in a liquid combination made with butter, hen inventory and recent herbs. It’s then topped with a crispy parmesan topping that takes this dish to the subsequent stage!
Pair this with turkey in a bag and Grandma’s sausage herb stuffing for Thanksgiving, however be sure you make it exterior of the vacation season, too. It’s great served with a wide range of different predominant entrees, like excellent air fryer steak or hen fried steak. That is positive to impress everybody that tastes it. And so they’ll all be going again for seconds and thirds!
Lots of the components on this savory candy potato casserole recipe are in all probability ones that you have already got in your kitchen. This makes it so easy to place collectively! See the recipe card under for a listing of tangible ingredient measurements.
- Candy Potatoes: This veggie brings a pure sweetness and hearty consistency to the casserole.
- Butter: Melted butter provides richness and taste.
- Rooster Inventory: Provides taste and the right quantity of moisture, so the casserole doesn’t get too dry whereas baking.
- Contemporary Herbs: Contemporary thyme, oregano and parsley present recent, earthy taste that balances the sweetness from the potatoes.
- Garlic: Minced garlic provides a nutty, buttery style.
- Salt & Pepper: To deliver all the flavors collectively.
- All Goal Flour: Helps thicken the sauce combination of butter, hen and herbs.
- Crispy Topping: A mix of panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, recent parsley and olive oil provides the perfect texture, and the crunch enhances the creaminess of the tender potatoes.
Methods to Make Savory Candy Potato Casserole
This casserole solely takes about Quarter-hour of prep! Whether or not you’re serving it for an on a regular basis household dinner or a vacation meal, it’s positive to be a success! Right here’s tips on how to make it:
- Prep: Put together a 9X13 inch baking dish by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 levels fahrenheit.
- Add Candy Potatoes to Dish: Pour the cubed candy potatoes into the ready baking dish in a good layer.
- Make the Sauce: In a medium bowl whisk collectively the butter, hen inventory, thyme, oregano, parsley garlic, salt and pepper. Then briskly whisk within the flour, taking care to not create any clumps.
- Make the Topping: In a separate bowl, combine collectively the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and olive oil. Make sure you combine the whole lot properly, evenly distributing the olive oil.
- Assemble the Casserole: Pour the liquid combination over the potatoes within the baking dish. High the potatoes with the crispy topping, evenly distributing it everywhere in the casserole.
- Bake: Place within the oven and bake for 45 minutes or till the potatoes are tender and the topping is golden brown. Verify the casserole after half-hour and canopy with foil if the topping is getting too browned.
Ideas & Variations
This casserole recipe is absolutely quite simple, however listed here are some suggestions so it’s excellent each time you make it!
- Chopping the Candy Potato: Make sure that all the candy potatoes are lower into cubes which are roughly the identical measurement. This ensures even baking and consistency in each chew.
- For Comfort: To save lots of a bit a of time whereas prepping this, think about buying pre-chopped candy potato from the produce division of your native grocery retailer.
- Shred the Cheese: When you’ve got the time, I like to recommend grating the parmesan cheese by hand, as a substitute of utilizing pre-shredded. It is going to soften extra easily and have extra taste.
- Change the Herbs: Strive switching it up and utilizing some completely different recent herbs, like basil, rosemary, and/or sage.
When you’ve got some savory candy potato casserole leftovers, then it’s best to name your self fortunate! Right here’s tips on how to retailer it, so you possibly can take pleasure in it later:
- Refrigerate: Let the casserole cool to room temperature. Then, place it in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 6 days.
- Storing within the Freezer: Retailer your cooled casserole in an hermetic container. It is going to hold for 1 month. Thaw in a single day earlier than serving.
- Reheating: Rewarm within the oven at 300 levels Fahrenheit for 10-Quarter-hour, or till warmed via. You may as well pop a serving within the microwave for 15-20 second intervals till heat.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Put together a 9X13 inch baking dish by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 levels fahrenheit.
Pour the cubed candy potatoes into the ready baking dish in a good layer.
In a medium bowl whisk collectively the butter, hen inventory, thyme, oregano, parsley garlic, salt and pepper. Briskly whisk within the flour, taking care to not create any clumps.
In a separate bowl, combine collectively the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and olive oil. Make sure you combine the whole lot properly, evenly distributing the olive oil.
Pour the liquid combination over the potatoes within the baking dish. High the potatoes with the crispy topping, evenly distributing it everywhere in the casserole.
Bake for 45 minutes or till the potatoes are tender and the topping is golden brown. Verify the casserole after half-hour and canopy with foil if the topping is getting too browned.
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 338kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 7gFats: 22gSaturated Fats: 10gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 9gTrans Fats: 0.5gLdl cholesterol: 38mgSodium: 999mgPotassium: 387mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 12311IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 167mgIron: 2mg
Diet info is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.