This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This pearl couscous salad is simply what you want for your entire summer season potlucks. The couscous is cooked in vegetable broth to make it fluffy and flavorful, then it’s mixed with contemporary veggies, feta cheese, and a zesty lemon French dressing for the last word Mediterranean taste mixture!
Trying to swap up your summer season salad recreation? After you make this pearl couscous salad, strive quinoa salad or Greek orzo salad! They’re gentle and contemporary however filled with hearty pasta and grains.
Pearl Couscous Salad
Pearl couscous (also called Israeli couscous) is a bit greater than common Moroccan couscous. Due to this, it’s the proper measurement for throwing into summer season salads! When you’ve by no means tried this pearl-shaped pasta, you’re going to like it. Whenever you prepare dinner it in broth (at the moment I’m utilizing vegetable) it turns into gentle, fluffy, and so flavorful!
In the present day’s pearl couscous salad recipe has a scrumptious Mediterranean twist. I added chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese, all coated in a beautiful lemon French dressing. And naturally, each Mediterranean dish wants some contemporary herbs, so this salad is stuffed with contemporary chopped parsley. Belief me, this recipe goes to be a game-changer for your entire summer season barbecues.
In addition to the couscous, this salad makes use of a whole lot of nice components. It’s jam-packed with contemporary veggies and a do-it-yourself lemon French dressing you’ll love! I’ve linked my recipe beneath. You can too discover actual measurements within the recipe card on the finish of the submit.
- Additional Virgin Olive Oil: For toasting your couscous in.
- Pearl Couscous: That is the star of the present, a small pasta made out of semolina flour! Some debate whether or not it’s a grain or a pasta, however one factor is for sure- it provides the BEST texture to this salad!
- Vegetable Broth: As soon as the couscous is toasted, then it’s cooked on this broth to make it fluffy and add taste. You can too use rooster or mushroom broth when you desire.
- Lemon Juice: As a result of no Mediterranean recipe is full and not using a splash of lemon juice!
- Garlic Powder: The savory taste helps to stability out the lemon juice and French dressing.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style.
- Recent Parsley: A good way so as to add an additional pop of taste! You can too use basil, mint, or rosemary.
- English Cucumber: Cucumbers are a should for any summer season salad. They’ve the most effective crunch and are so refreshing!
- Grape Tomatoes: Add a bit of colour and sweetness to the pearl couscous salad.
- Crimson Onion: Chopped pink onions add a tasty crunch and savory taste to the salad.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese: For some tangy, tacky taste.
- Simple Lemon French dressing: The very best dressing to toss your pearl couscous salad in! It’s vivid, tangy, and coats the couscous and veggies completely.
Learn how to Make Pearl Couscous Salad
All you must do is toast your couscous, then toss your entire components collectively! It’s so easy! You’ll have it prepared in lower than half-hour.
- Toast Couscous: Warmth your olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium excessive warmth. Add in your couscous and toast it within the oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Cook dinner in Broth: As soon as the couscous is toasted, add within the vegetable broth, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Deliver the liquid to a rolling boil. Cut back warmth to low, cowl, and simmer the couscous for 13-Quarter-hour.
- Simmer: Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. All the liquid must be absorbed so proceed to simmer for just a few extra minutes if there may be liquid remaining.
- Put together French dressing: Whereas the couscous cooks, put together the French dressing by following the linked recipe and set it apart.
- Take away From Warmth: As soon as the couscous is absolutely cooked and tender, take away it from the warmth.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, pink onion, parsley, feta, and French dressing.
- Toss and Serve: Gently toss to coat the components and serve!
Like different pasta salads, this pearl couscous salad is tremendous customizable. Swap out the dressing, use completely different veggies, the selection is yours!
- Use a Totally different Dressing: When you don’t need to use lemon French dressing in your pearl couscous salad, you may swap it out for issues like Greek salad dressing, balsamic French dressing, or Inexperienced goddess dressing. You can additionally add a drizzle of tzatziki sauce when you’d like.
- Extra Combine-Ins: Be happy to throw in kalamata olives, sliced avocados, chickpeas, bell peppers, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli, pine nuts, or inexperienced onions to your pearl couscous salad.
- Add Herbs: As a substitute of parsley, strive including contemporary mint or contemporary basil for some aromatics and taste!
Storing Leftover Pearl Couscous Salad
I really feel like this pearl couscous salad virtually tastes higher the longer it’s saved. This enables the French dressing to sink into the pasta, giving it extra taste in every chunk! This salad can be nice for making forward and taking over the go. That’s why it’s so good for potlucks!
- Within the Fridge: Leftovers may be stored in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as every week.
Warmth your olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium excessive warmth. Add in your couscous and toast it within the oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
As soon as the couscous is toasted, add within the vegetable broth, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Deliver the liquid to a rolling boil. Cut back warmth to low, cowl, and simmer the couscous for 13-Quarter-hour.
Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. All the liquid must be absorbed so proceed to simmer for just a few extra minutes if there may be liquid remaining.
Whereas the couscous cooks, put together the French dressing by following the linked recipe and set it apart.
As soon as the couscous is absolutely cooked and tender, take away it from the warmth.
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, pink onion, parsley, feta, and French dressing. Gently toss to coat the components and serve!
Leftovers may be stored in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as every week.
Energy220kcal (11%)Carbohydrates37g (12%)Protein7g (14%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gLdl cholesterol4mg (1%)Sodium763mg (32%)Potassium151mg (4%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A489IU (10%)Vitamin C7mg (8%)Calcium42mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.