Add this recent tortellini salad recipe to your weekend menu, stat! It options tacky spinach tortellini tossed in my all-time favourite inexperienced goddess dressing, layered with lemony recent greens and seasoned spring or summer time greens.
This pasta dish manages to be mild but hearty on the identical time, which is an actual feat. It’s fast to make, however appears spectacular. It’s versatile, too—you’ll see fairly just a few vegetable choices under. Select uncooked greens for the best preparation, as I did for these photographs, or incorporate some rapidly blanched greens, like asparagus, to broaden your choices.
My wholesome selfmade inexperienced goddess dressing comes collectively rapidly within the blender or meals processor. I counsel doubling the substances so you possibly can serve the additional as a veggie dip or refrigerate it for upcoming inexperienced salads. It’s actually pleasant to have available.
Select spinach tortellini over primary cheese tortellini to include much more greens. I hope you’ll give this recipe a strive. This vegetarian pasta salad is an actual crowd pleaser!
Tortellini Salad Vegetable Choices
This tortellini salad is gorgeous with recent spring and summer time greens in any mixture. The asterisks under denote greens that must be briefly cooked (blanched) within the leftover pasta cooking water earlier than utilizing. The recipe contains directions on blanch these veggies. You need to use a mix of recent and blanched greens in case you’d like, corresponding to recent fennel and blanched asparagus.
- Asparagus* (minimize into 2-inch segments; for thick spears, minimize them in half or quarter first)
- Bell pepper (minimize into brief strips)
- Broccoli* (florets thinly sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Cucumber (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- Fennel (thinly sliced)
- Inexperienced beans*
- Peas* (recent or frozen)
- Sugar-snap peas (thinly sliced)
- Yellow squash (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- Zucchini (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
Extra Contemporary Pastas to Attempt
Beneath are just a few extra pasta recipes that includes recent spring produce, or browse all pasta recipes right here.
Please let me understand how your tortellini salad seems within the feedback! I like listening to from you.
Inexperienced Goddess Tortellini Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: half-hour
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Class: Facet dish
- Methodology: Cooked
- Delicacies: Italian
- Food regimen: Vegetarian
This vegetarian tortellini salad recipe options tacky spinach tortellini tossed in wholesome selfmade inexperienced goddess dressing, layered throughout a platter with lemony recent greens and seasoned greens. Recipe yields 4 to six servings.
- 1 batch Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
- 2 packages (8 to 10 ounces every) spinach or cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon salt, extra to style
- 3 cups spring greens*
- 2 handfuls of child arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Flaky sea salt, to style (optionally available)
- Fill a big pot with water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Carry it to a boil over excessive warmth. (If you may be blanching any greens, fill a big bowl with ice and water, and set it apart.)
- In the meantime, put together the dressing, and set it apart.
- As soon as the water is boiling, prepare dinner the tortellini in line with bundle instructions. For those who’re utilizing recent greens, you possibly can go forward and pressure the tortellini as common.
- If you may be blanching any greens, reuse the boiling water—simply use a slotted spoon to switch the tortellini to a strainer and set them apart. Add the veggies to the boiling water and prepare dinner for 4 to six minutes, till they’re straightforward to pierce by with a fork. Pressure the greens, then instantly dunk them into the ice bathtub to chill. After about 5 minutes, take away the greens with a slotted spoon and drain them effectively.
- Rinse the nice and cozy tortellini effectively underneath cool working water and set them apart.
- In a bowl, mix the ready greens (blanched or recent), arugula, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir to mix, and season with salt liberally, to style. Put aside.
- Within the cooking pot, mix the cooked tortellini and the entire dressing. Gently stir till evenly coated.
- To assemble, pour half of the dressed tortellini off-center onto a big serving platter. Gently pile about half of the arugula combination on high and to the facet of the noodles. Repeat with the remaining tortellini, adopted by the remaining arugula combination. Finely grate some recent lemon zest over the dish (about ¼th of a medium lemon’s price). End it with a light-weight sprinkle of flaky salt, when you’ve got it.
- Serve promptly, or refrigerate for later. This dish is finest consumed inside 2 hours, although it would maintain effectively for as much as 4 days.
Recipe impressed by Melissa Clark’s Inexperienced Goddess Pasta Salad.
*Vegetable choices: Contemporary vegetable choices embody thinly sliced fennel, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumber, sugar-snap peas, halved cherry tomatoes, and brief strips of bell pepper. Greens that needs to be blanched embody asparagus (minimize into 2-inch segments; for thick spears, minimize them in half or quarter first), peas (recent or frozen), inexperienced beans, or broccoli (florets thinly sliced).
▸ Vitamin Data
Did you make this recipe?