This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
My dad’s well-known mashed potatoes are all the time the star of the dinner desk! Completely creamy, buttery, they usually have such wonderful taste. Persons are all the time begging him to make the recipe!
The Finest Recipe for Buttery & Scrumptious Mashed Potatoes
I’ve a bit story to inform you. Rising up, I didn’t like mashed potatoes. (Loopy, I do know!) However there was one particular recipe that will get me to eat mashed potatoes and LOVE them. That’s my dad’s mashed potato recipe. Perhaps I’ve simply been spoiled rising up and solely had one of the best that it appears no different recipe can examine. No matter it’s, we are able to all the time depend on my dad’s mashed potatoes being the star of the dinner desk.
What has taken me so lengthy to get these on the weblog? I actually do not know. Perhaps there was a little bit of intimidation of creating my dad’s well-known mashed potatoes. I by no means have needed to! But it surely simply so occurred that he came visiting and was in a position to make this recipe for you AND educate me all of his suggestions and methods for making his well-known mashed potatoes. They’re so buttery and wonderful, belief me, when you attempt them it is going to be the one recipe you need to use.
A Reader’s Assessment
These are one of the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever tried! Thanks for the scrumptious and straightforward recipe!
Substances You’ll Want
The excellent news is, this recipe for mashed potatoes makes use of tremendous easy elements. The important thing right here is the ratios which might be used! Try the recipe card on the finish of the put up for precise measurements.
- Potatoes (Russet or Gold): These are the center the dish. Each are nice for reaching the proper buttery texture.
- 1% Milk: Pour in a little bit of milk for creaminess. It provides richness with out making issues too heavy.
- Unsalted Butter: Butter, (and numerous it) is what makes these potatoes so irresistible. I used unsalted butter since we add seasonings individually.
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt: Add this to style to provide your potatoes scrumptious savory taste.
- Pepper: A easy seasoning that helps to tie all of the flavors collectively! Add to style so your potatoes prove simply how you want them.
- Freshly Chopped Chives (for garnish): These carry a burst of freshness and a touch of onion taste, making your mashed potatoes look and style gourmand. You can additionally use contemporary herbs! Rosemary and parsley are each nice choices.
Tips on how to Make the Finest Mashed Potatoes
- Put together Your Potatoes: To begin, peel and lower your potatoes into about 1/2 -1 inch cubes. Place them into a big pot and wash the starch off till the water runs clear. Fill the pot with chilly water to totally submerse the potatoes. Add a touch of salt.
- Boil: Boil the potatoes for about quarter-hour or till they’re fork tender. Then drain the potatoes and add milk, butter, and salt.
- Mash, Modify Taste: Utilizing an electrical hand mixer, beat the potatoes on excessive till they begin to kind peaks. If the potatoes nonetheless appear thick and must be creamier, add extra milk. Additionally add extra salt to style. (You can too mash them with a potato masher.)
Suggestions for Success
- Don’t Skimp on the Butter! Butter will likely be your greatest good friend on this recipe. The key to completely creamy and scrumptious mashed potatoes is the butter. Not probably the most diet-friendly recipe on the market, but it surely tastes severely wonderful!
- Don’t Add Too A lot Liquid: It will make your potatoes runny. It’s higher to begin with a fourth a cup of milk and add extra as wanted, then to finish up with runny mashed potatoes.
- Salt to Style: I wrote so as to add 2 teaspoons of salt within the directions. BUT we in all probability add nearer to a tablespoon. Everybody has totally different preferences so add extra if wanted.
What Can I Add to My Mashed Potatoes?
Listed below are a number of of my favourite mix-ins! Add one or all for a model of those potatoes that’s further flavorful with wonderful texture. Word: these are all elective, so be happy so as to add what you want and omit what you don’t! The recipe is developed to be served as-is.
- Garlic (add 3-4 cloves of minced garlic, contemporary is greatest!)
- Cream Cheese (this may make them even creamier and add a little bit of tang.)
- Bitter Cream (one other approach so as to add creaminess and tangy taste!)
- Chopped Inexperienced Onions for that basic ‘loaded’ taste.
- Bacon, as a result of all the pieces is best with bacon!
- Parmesan Cheese for nutty, savory taste.
Let’s be actual, leftovers are among the best issues about Thanksgiving. So, in case you have a few of these wonderful potatoes left over, right here’s the way to preserve them tasting contemporary and scrumptious for a number of extra days!
- Within the Fridge: Switch any leftover mashed potatoes to an hermetic container after which pop them within the fridge. They’ll keep good for 3-4 days. While you’re able to get pleasure from them once more, heat within the microwave in 30-second intervals or over the range on medium-low warmth.
Hold Them Comfortable! In case your potatoes get a bit dry, a splash of milk can work wonders to revive the graceful, velvety texture.
Pin this now to search out it later
To begin, peel and lower your potatoes into about 1/2 -1 inch cubes. Place them into a big pot and wash the starch off till the water runs clear. Fill the pot with chilly water to totally submerse the potatoes. Add a touch of salt.
Boil the potatoes for about quarter-hour or till they’re fork tender. Drain the potatoes and add milk, butter, and salt.
Utilizing an electrical hand mixer, beat the potatoes on excessive till they begin to kind peaks. If the potatoes nonetheless appear thick and must be creamer, add extra milk. Additionally add extra salt to style. (You can too mash them with a potato masher.)
Up to date on November 12, 2023
Energy: 1592kcalCarbohydrates: 162gProtein: 36gFats: 95gSaturated Fats: 60gLdl cholesterol: 250mgSodium: 5615mgPotassium: 5359mgFiber: 32gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2935IUVitamin C: 145.7mgCalcium: 480mgIron: 41.4mg
Diet data is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.