Heat and comforting candy potato lentil stew is filled with veggies and superb taste. Prepared in an hour, this vegan stew is ideal for cold fall and winter days.
We’re massive followers of vegetarian soup recipes like minestrone soup, hearty vegetable soup, and roasted butternut squash soup, and this candy potato lentil stew is a scrumptious addition to the lineup!
That includes protein-packed lentils and excessive fiber veggies, this stew has unimaginable texture and comfy taste. It comes collectively shortly and simply, too – no pre-soaking required for the lentils and it takes simply 40 minutes to cook dinner on the range. This recipe makes an enormous batch to get pleasure from all week lengthy, freeze for later, or share with pals.
“Scrumptious!! Smells and tastes unbelievable. Loads of leftovers. A brand new fall favourite. Love the crunchy veggies, the kale on the finish. Mmm!!!” – Stephanie
What You Want for Candy Potato Lentil Stew
This hearty stew is loaded with contemporary, nutrient-dense veggies. Whether or not you’re a vegetarian or not, you’ll love this stew recipe!
Listed here are just some elements that shine on this recipe:
Lentils + Beans: Each add a number of plant-based protein to this stew. Pink lentils are nice for fast soup recipes as a result of they’re break up and cook dinner sooner than different varieties of lentils. Add the beans close to the top of the cook dinner time to stop them from overcooking and falling aside.
Potatoes + Carrots: We love including carrots and candy potatoes to soup recipes as a result of they add a welcome texture and maintain their form even after cooking.
Mushrooms: Mushrooms are an awesome addition to vegetarian meals. They’ve a meaty texture that goes effectively in stews and chilis.
Spices: This soup is so cozy because of loads of heat spices and flavors like chili powder, cumin, curry powder, oregano, and smoked paprika.
Apple Cider Vinegar: A splash of apple cider vinegar provides a scrumptious tartness and brightness to our soup, stew, and chili recipes.
Kale: Contemporary kale provides shade and freshness.
Candy Potato Lentil Stew Substitutions
Like so a lot of our soup recipes, this stew is customizable to your style preferences and what elements you may have readily available. As an alternative of:
- Pink lentils: use the identical quantity of yellow lentils. Another sort of lentil will take too lengthy to cook dinner on this particular recipe.
- Candy potatoes: use cauliflower or every other dense root vegetable like white potatoes or parsnips.
- Chili powder, cumin, and paprika: use 3-4 tablespoons of our do-it-yourself chili seasoning.
- White northern beans: use your favourite sort of beans. Chickpeas, navy beans, or kidney beans would all be scrumptious swaps.
- Apple cider vinegar: use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Kale: use the identical quantity of freshly chopped spinach.
Do it’s worthwhile to soak the lentils first?
You do not want to pre-soak purple lentils for this lentil stew. Pink lentils are already break up and the cook dinner time for this stew is ideal for this sort of lentil.
Are you able to make this stew in a gradual cooker?
Sure! Skip sautéing the elements and easily add every little thing to your gradual cooker. Prepare dinner on excessive for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
This recipe makes a large batch of stew! Retailer leftover candy potato lentil stew in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Tips on how to Freeze Candy Potato Lentil Stew.
If you happen to don’t wish to have lentil stew on daily basis for a whole week, freeze it! Let the stew cool utterly earlier than transferring it to freezer-safe containers. Freeze for as much as 3 months. For the entire nitty-gritty particulars about freezing stew, take a look at our submit all about the right way to freeze soup.
Who doesn’t love receiving a scrumptious meal? Whether or not you may have a pal in want or know somebody who would merely admire a wholesome meal, share it! Make a batch of this candy potato lentil stew, switch it into these meal prep containers, and ship it to your folks.
What to Serve with Stew
Get pleasure from an enormous bowl of candy potato lentil stew on it’s personal, or pair it with a slice of freshly baked bread, skillet cornbread, sautéed inexperienced beans, or your favourite salad.
Candy Potato Lentil Stew
Hearty and protein-packed candy potato lentil stew is prepared on the stovetop in 1 hour. It is heat, comforting, and flavorful!
Prepare dinner:40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 giant candy potatoes reduce into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 giant carrots reduce into cash
- 4 medium stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/2 giant yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons floor cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon floor oregano or dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon floor pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup purple lentils dried
- 4 oz. inexperienced chiles
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 15 oz. white northern beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped kale
Place olive oil in a big stockpot or dutch oven and warmth over medium/excessive warmth.
When olive oil is aromatic, add candy potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and salt.
Sauté for round 10 minutes. Then, add the remainder of the elements (besides the white beans and kale) and convey to a boil over medium/excessive warmth.
As soon as boiling, scale back warmth to low and canopy. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
Then, combine within the white beans and kale. Cowl and convey to a boil once more over medium/excessive warmth.
As soon as boiling, flip right down to low and let simmer for one more 20 minutes or till the lentils are absolutely cooked.
Ideas & Notes
- Storage: Retailer leftover stew in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Freezing Directions: Let the stew cool utterly earlier than transferring it to freezer-safe containers. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
- Sluggish Cooker Directions: Skip sautéing the elements and easily add every little thing to your gradual cooker. Prepare dinner on excessive for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- This recipe was up to date on 9/23/19.
Energy: 224kcal Carbohydrates: 35g Protein: 11g Fats: 12g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 7g