This straightforward blueberry galette is the proper dessert to bake when contemporary summer time blueberries are in season or any time of the yr. Utilizing refrigerated pie dough makes it even sooner!
Making a blueberry galette is less complicated than a blueberry pie or tart because it’s mainly a free-form pie with no pie dish. I like how fuss-free this rustic dessert is. The blueberries are tossed with lemon and lemon zest and frivolously sweetened with monk fruit or sugar. It’s each bit as scrumptious as a do-it-yourself pie however a lot simpler. If you wish to make this fruit galette over-the-top good, serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! For a savory galette, you’ll love this summer time tomato galette.
What’s a blueberry galette?
A blueberry galette is a candy free-form pastry with a blueberry filling baked on a sheet pan. You may make this with any berries you want. Strive it with a mixture of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries for a variation. There are additionally savory galettes with greens.
Is galette dough the identical as pie dough?
A galette makes use of the identical kind of dough that’s used for a pie, it’s simply bakes totally different. A galette is baked on a baking sheet, and the perimeters of the dough are folded up over the filling. A pie is made in a round pie plate, with the dough going up the perimeters of the dish. A pie typically has a second pie crust on prime of the filling.
Blueberry Galette Elements
- Pie Dough: I made this blueberry galette recipe with Pillsbury pie dough, however any model will work. And if you wish to make your personal do-it-yourself pie crust recipe, go for it.
- Sweetener: I used monk fruit sweetener, which has zero energy and fewer carbs than sugar, however it’s also possible to substitute granulated sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Lemon: You’ll want two teaspoons of lemon zest and two tablespoons lemon juice.
- Flour: Combine the blueberries with all-purpose flour or cornstarch, it will preserve the galette from getting soggy and can make thicken the sauce.
- Blueberry combination: If contemporary blueberries are in season, positively use them! If not, frozen blueberries will work too.
- Egg Wash: Beat one egg white or complete egg to brush on the crust.
How you can Make a Blueberry Galette
- Prep: Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 375°F. Take the dough out of the fridge and let it sit when you put together the blueberries.
- Galette Filling: Combine the monk fruit or sugar, lemon zest, and flour in a big bowl. Fold within the blueberries and lemon juice and let stand for quarter-hour.
- Galette Dough: Roll out the pie dough to a 13-inch spherical with a rolling pin about 1/8-inch thick on a frivolously floured floor. Fold the pastry in half and switch it to the ready baking sheet.
- Type the Galette: Spoon the blueberries into the middle of the dough, leaving a 1 ½-border. Fold the border up and over the blueberries. Brush the egg white on the pastry and sprinkle with a number of pinches of sweetener.
- Bake the galette for 40 to 50 minutes till the pastry is golden brown and the blueberry filling begins to bubble. Switch the baking sheet to a cooling rack and let it cool till heat. Minimize into eight wedges with a pastry cutter and serve heat or at room temperature.
How you can Retailer a Galette
Cowl leftovers with plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 5 days, you possibly can eat chilly or reheat to heat it up.
Extra Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 wedge
Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge and bundle to take the chilliness out.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Make the filling:
In a bowl, whisk the ¼ cup of monk fruit or sugar, lemon zest and flour. Fold within the blueberries and lemon juice and blend properly to coat; let it stand for quarter-hour.
Put together the dough:
On a frivolously floured work floor, roll out the pastry to a 13-inch spherical about 1/8 inch thick.
Fold the pastry in half over the rolling pin to switch it to the ready baking sheet. Then open and middle it on the sheet.
Spoon the blueberries within the middle of the pastry, leaving a 11/2-inch border throughout.
Fold the pastry border up and over the blueberries, pleating it as wanted. Brush the egg white on the pastry and sprinkle with a number of pinches of sweetener.
Bake within the middle of the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, till the pastry is golden brown and the blueberry filling begins to bubble.
Switch the baking sheet to a rack and let it cool to heat. Minimize into 8 wedges and serve heat or at room temperature.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 wedge, Energy: 155 kcal, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Protein: 2.5 g, Fats: 6.5 g, Saturated Fats: 2.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 137.5 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 7.5 g