Perhaps the world wants extra banana pancakes. Sure, that’s simply what we’re lacking. Sure, that’s what I’m telling myself proper now. This thirteen-year-old (!) recipe web site already has a number of banana pancake recipes, every great in its personal approach, and right here I’m with one other.
My complete wheat banana pancakes are so good and fluffy. My banana oat pancakes are tender and flavorful with oatmeal-like interiors. This blender oatmeal pancake recipe yields an all-around nice pancake that’s much less banana-y than the others. I even have banana waffle recipes—complete wheat and oat-based—these are nice, too.
These are the banana pancakes I’m making most frequently in the meanwhile. They’re the only pancakes by far, with solely three substances on the core: mashed banana, eggs and whole-grain flour (you’ve gotten a number of flour choices right here). I typically add cinnamon and hemp hearts or flaxseeds, however even then, they require fewer substances than the remainder.
Nutritionally, these banana pancakes are about as wholesome as pancakes might be. They’re considerably decrease in carbohydrates than the opposite recipes, and barely increased in protein. That’s a win! They don’t style as very like a deal with as the opposite recipes, however they’re really very good.
These pancakes are simple to throw collectively within the morning whereas Grace toddles across the kitchen. She loves them and I be ok with them. So, these banana pancakes are positively baby-friendly and kid-friendly. These easy pancakes are for everybody!
3-Ingredient Banana Pancake Notes
I attempted two-ingredient banana pancakes a very long time in the past (banana and egg solely) and located nothing to love about them—they’re a lot too moist and eggy. Frankly, you’re higher off consuming scrambled eggs with a aspect of banana. Including a bit of flour makes all of the distinction with these pancakes.
Your flour choices for these pancakes embody complete wheat flour, buckwheat flour or oat flour. They work equally nicely. Buckwheat flour has essentially the most daring taste, whereas complete wheat is essentially the most refined. Oat flour is hearty and presents a lightweight oatmeal-like taste. For gluten-free pancakes, select licensed gluten-free buckwheat or oat flour.
The eggs on this recipe are completely important. Flax eggs will not work on this recipe. Don’t try or you’ll find yourself with unhappy banana-flax mush. I do know as a result of I attempted.
Use overripe bananas for this recipe. Ideally, they’ve at the very least a couple of brown spots. Overripe bananas are sweeter and impart extra banana taste.
You’ll must dial down the warmth as you prepare dinner these pancakes. Most pancakes include some sugar, which not solely makes the pancakes sweeter, but in addition helps stop them from burning as they prepare dinner. Since these pancakes are completely naturally sweetened with bananas (no added sweetener, not even maple syrup), they’re particularly delicate to warmth. When you discover that your pancakes are turning too golden on the surface earlier than the insides are cooked, the skillet has change into too sizzling.
Watch How you can Make 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Nutritious Combine-In Choices & Serving Strategies
These banana pancakes are excellent of their most straightforward kind, containing solely banana, egg and flour. When you’d like to spice up the flavour or vitamin, add any of the next:
- Floor cinnamon: I at all times add cinnamon as a result of I really like the flavour.
- Hemp hearts and/or floor flaxseed: Each supply wholesome fats and fiber.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: You can stir a pair tablespoons into the batter. You’ll get even higher toasted taste should you sprinkle a bit of coconut over the raw aspect of the pancake earlier than flipping.
- Pinch of salt: I don’t assume you’ll miss it, however a bit of little bit of salt ought to amp up the general taste. Use as much as 1/4 teaspoon.
For serving our daughter, I typically add a lightweight unfold of runny almond butter sprinkled with hemp hearts or a pat of butter. I like them that approach myself! For extra of a breakfast deal with, strive an expansion of peanut or almond butter or Greek yogurt for protein, plus extra sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Extra Banana Breakfast Treats to Strive
Please let me know the way your banana pancakes prove within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Whole Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Technique: Stovetop
- Delicacies: American
- Weight loss program: Vegetarian
These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are wholesome and really easy to make. This recipe is household pleasant as nicely—infants, children and adults alike love these pancakes. Yields 8 pancakes (every about 4 inches in diameter, sufficient for two to 4 servings).
- 2 medium-to-large ripe bananas
- 4 giant eggs
- ½ cup complete wheat flour or buckwheat flour or ⅔ cup oat flour
- Optionally available taste/vitamin boosters: ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon, as much as 2 tablespoons hemp hearts and/or floor flaxseed, as much as ¼ teaspoon salt
- Butter, avocado oil or ghee, for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a big fork till it’s shiny and largely clean. Add the eggs and whisk till the eggs are evenly included into the banana.
- Add the flour and any optionally available boosters. Gently stir till mixed. Put aside whilst you preheat the skillet (the batter can relaxation for as much as 1 hour if want be).
- Warmth a big skillet (stainless-steel, forged iron or non-stick) over medium-low warmth (if utilizing an electrical griddle, warmth it to 350 levels Fahrenheit). You’re prepared to begin cooking pancakes as soon as a drop of water sizzles on contact with the recent floor. If obligatory, calmly oil the cooking floor with a pat of butter or oil, fastidiously wiping up extra with a paper towel (nonstick surfaces possible gained’t require any oil).
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the recent skillet, leaving a few inches round every pancake for enlargement. Cook dinner till small bubbles kind on the floor of the pancakes, 2 to three minutes.
- Flip the pancakes, then prepare dinner till calmly golden on either side, 1 to 2 minutes extra. Repeat the method with the remaining batter, including extra butter and dialing down the warmth if the pancakes are turning darkish on the surface earlier than they’re cooked by means of on the within.
- Serve instantly or maintain heat in a 200 diploma Fahrenheit oven. Leftover pancakes might be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 days, or frozen for as much as 3 months. To reheat, stack leftover pancakes and wrap them in a paper towel earlier than gently reheating within the microwave.
Make it gluten free: Use licensed gluten-free oat flour or buckwheat flour.
▸ Vitamin Info
Did you make this recipe?